View this page in English View this page in Spanish  

Who uses SNAP?

People of all ages use SNAP/food stamps, including families, people living alone, and people living with roommates. People who are homeless can get SNAP too.

People who are working or have other regular income, such as Social Security or a pension, can often get SNAP. You do not need to be receiving TAFDC (cash welfare) or be out of work in order to get it.

SNAP eligibility is determined by a calculation that takes into consideration your family size, citizenship status, household income, and certain expenses.

Can I get SNAP? Click here to find out!

Additional information for:

Picture of vegetables

Need Help. Call Project Bread's FoodSource Hotline 1 800 645 8333

Frequently Asked Questions link


Link to Department of Transitional Assistance
Link to United States Department of Agriculture is a resource created by Project Bread - The Walk for Hunger, Inc., and has been funded in part with federal funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance. The contents of this website do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of USDA, nor does mention of tradenames, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.

Project Bread - The Walk for Hunger® | 145 Border Street | East Boston, MA 02128
FoodSource Hotline  |  1-800-645-8333   |  (TTY) 1-800-377-1292 | |